Since earning his Juris Doctor and Masters in Business Administration more than 15 years ago, George M. Pangis has acquired extensive experience in State and Federal Courts, representing both Creditors and Debtors in consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases, Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors, commercial transactions, litigation and commercial and residential real estate closings, to name but a few practice areas. This experience also includes successful appellate litigation with a recent published opinion establishing the standard for service of cram down motions on lending institutions within the District of New Jersey.
Outside of the office, Mr. Pangis has fostered an intellectual approach to the profession by co-authoring the article Mandatory Arbitration of Statutory Disputes: The View from the Fourth Circuit for the Journal of Individual Employment Rights. He also lectures frequently on topics including insolvency law, real estate, and small business marketing and technology. He has also been a repeat lecturer at the Honorable William H. Ginden Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, where his published decision and its application to the bar’s practice were recently discussed and dissected. Believing very strongly in using the stature of this honorable profession to give back to the community, Mr. Pangis was a founding member of the New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyers Foundation, for which he has also served as a Trustee, and has been a guest speaker for the Mercy College Upward Bound Program.
After working for nearly 14 years at a mid-sized law firm in New Jersey, Mr. Pangis founded The Pangis Law Firm, PLLC in 2016, with offices in White Plains, New York and Englewood, New Jersey. Here, Mr. Pangis is better able to personally assist his clients with all of their legal needs while providing them the unparalleled level of service they deserve.
- Jacobo v. BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, 477 B.R. 533 (Bankr. D.N.J. 2012)
- Mandatory Arbitration of Statutory Disputes: The View From the Fourth Circuit, Journal of Individual Employment Rights, Vol. 9, No. 4, 2000-01.
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyers Foundation, Founding Member & Trustee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Putnam County Bar Association
- BNI (Business Network International)
- RealSource Association of Realtors
- Rutgers-Camden School of Law & Graduate School of Business (J.D./M.B.A., 2001)
- Boston University (B.A. 1997)
- State of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- State of Connecticut